Pork Belly Mac N Cheese
- The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- 6 portions
Pork Belly Cure
- Salt kosher 60ml
- Brown sugar 45ml
- Mustard seeds 7ml
- Coriander seeds 12ml
- Fennel seeds 12ml
- Cumin seeds 6ml
- Black pepper 6ml
- Bay leaf 1
- Smoked paprika 15ml
- All spice 15ml
- Star anise 15ml
- Pork belly 600g
- AP flour 60g
- Butter 60g
- Milk 2% 600ml
- Cheddar cheese 135g
- Yellow onion 45g
- Spring of thyme 1/2
- Baguette, 1cm diced
- Orange zested 1/3
- Lemon zested 1/3
- Garlic cloves, thinly sliced 1/2
- Sprig of thyme 1/2
- Sprig of sage 1/2
- Macaroni, cooked – 6oz Per Portion
- Shaved parmesan – Nice Spring (25 – 50gs your choice)
- 30 MinutesPurchase Pork
- Total Time:
- 10 HoursSlow Cooking Option
Pork Belly Cure
- In a pan lightly toast the coriander, fennel and cumin seeds.
- Blend the mustard, coriander, fennel, cumin, and bay leaves. Leave slightly coarse
- Separately pulse the star anise. Leave in large chunks
- Combine all ingredients
- Pat dry the pork belly and coat generously with the cure.
- Place in a container and allow to cure for 48 hours
- Rinse pork belly under cold running water for 20 minutes.
- Allow belly to dry overnight uncovered, in the fridge, on roasting racks
- Place saran wrap over belly tightly wrapping under them.
- Cook in 187F oven for 10hours or until tender
- Remove from oven and wrap tightly in saran wrap, press overnight with a can.
- Dice onion into quarters.
- In a steam kettle, melt butter and sweat the onions.
- Add the thyme and flour, cook for 10 minutes.
- Slowly add in the milk, bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer until desired consistency and the flour has fully cooked out.
- Using the large immersion blender blend in the cheese. Once fully incorporate turn off immediately.
- Toss all ingredients together
- In a low temperature oven (180F) toast until bread is completely dry.
- Blend thoroughly
- Dice the pork belly into 1cm strips.
- In a non stick pan crispy the pork belly
- Add in the cheese sauce, generously coating the macaroni
- Place in an oven proof bowl and top with the crumble and parmesan cheese
- Toast in the oven at 375F until golden on top
Treat your taste buds to this delicious twist on the traditional Mac N Cheese.
- Choose Your Moment
- Guest Stories
- Food & Drink
- Spa & Wellness
- Arts & Culture
- Fairmont Magazine
- Fairmont Cocktails
This product uses the Instagram API but is not endorsed or certified by Instagram.