- 6 People
- 250 g Flour
- 125 g Butter
- 30 mL Water
- 1 egg
- 300 g Sunchokes
- 300 g Mixed Wild Mushrooms
- 30 g Chopped Shallots
- 250 g Butternut Squash
- 90 g Blue Cheese
- 15 g Chopped Parsley
- 15 g Chopped Chives
- 20 g Shallots
- 150 g Wild Mushrooms
- 100 g Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 100 g Cream
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 55 MinutesTartlet Crust
- Total Time:
- 35 MinutesFilling
- Mix all ingredients together, flour, butter, water, and egg
- Knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Roll out to 1/8 inch thick and place in 4 inch round tartlet moulds.
- Place dried beans in the centre of each crust to prevent dough from rising.
- Cover each with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook sunchokes in water until you can pierce with a skewer. Be careful not to overcook.
- Sautee mushrooms and chopped shallots.
- Peel and cube butternut squash and ropast until browned at 350 degrees F.
- Place these ingredients into cooked tartlet shell.
- Sautee mushrooms and shallots.
- Add vegetable or chicken broth and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cream and simer 3-4 minutes.
- Blend until you have a thick, smooth sauce.
- Pour over each tartlet evenly.
- place in the oven at 350 degrees F to warm for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with blue cheese, parsley, and chives.
Please enjoy by itself or with a small salad as a appetizer.
Chef Serge Jost Executive Chef The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald